We would like to announce a new vacancy on the 7 Point Highlander Committee. The Committee welcomes applicants from all areas to apply for the position, which is open until the end of June 2023. The Committee will form a shortlist based on responses to selection criteria below, and shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding next steps.
Summary of the role
The Highlander Points Committee manages the health of the format by curating the Points List. Key responsibilities include attending regular meetings as well as liaising with the community via a variety of media.
We expect to have a number of candidates, so we’d like you to answer a few questions for us to assist with our shortlist selection. Depending on how well members of the committee know you, we may also want to meet you at an event and discuss your interest further before making a decision.
While we are interested in details, we also don’t want essay responses. If your answer to a question is a sentence or less, we probably want more detail. If your answer to a question is more than a couple of paragraphs, you should try to be more succinct. You should try to avoid your total answers to the below exceeding 2 pages.
Not being able to provide an answer is not necessarily disqualifying, but in general we expect to look more favourably on people who can respond to each of these questions.
- Tell us about your background in highlander (where are you from, how long have you been playing, etc.)
- What do you view as the role of The Committee?
- Have you ever been involved with managing or representing a large community? Please tell us about your role.
- A member of the community wants to discuss a recent change with you, which they strongly disagree with. How do you approach the situation?
- Give us an example of one card you’d like to discuss. Outline arguments for and against a points change, but closing with your rationale as to why you believe it should change.
- What can you do to help ensure the format and the committee respects and represents the diversity of life experiences and magic playing experiences of current and potential future highlander players?
- What are some challenges you see for the committee and the format going forward? Do you have one suggestion for meeting these challenges or improving the format?
Please also include your discord username, or Facebook/Messenger profile URL for contact purposes.
To express your interest, please submit your application via Email.
The Committee would like to thank Jim for all his service over the past few years, not just as a member of the committee, but also for hosting our announcement streams. You can continue to find him at 7PH tournaments, hanging about on the discord, and hopefully continuing to support future points announcements over on twitch.